Quite often many find it extremely hard to find the perfect partner. Blame it on a lack of time, a hectic work schedule, or possibly being shy; it’s harder for some than others to meet that special person. Regardless of why, what is clear is that dating comes down to numbers.
With over 40 million Americans using online dating services, across different specialty websites, it is clear why online communication works for millions of people. You may be asking, why is this good news for you. Well, statistically, the ‘find-someone’ odds favor guys. Women account for a higher percentage of the online dating population pool which proves the odds of finding the right girl through an online dating website are on your side.
If you are searching for a lasting love or simply interested in a few online dating tips for meeting ‘friends’ with potential, below are a few pros and yes cons of jumping fingers first in the online dating world.
Pros of Online Dating
– the gender ratio favors men in most areas of the world even online
– opportunity to meet people serious about dating
– access to a better selection of candidates who meet your ‘must have’ list
– anonymity, which significantly reduces the social awkwardness and the fear of being rejected
– learn more about your potential partner before you agree to a first date
– peruse profiles of eligible ladies access a wide selection of dating websites like Match, Kovla, eHarmony, and Farmers Only.
– suitable for young and old singles
– find potential partners in your area
Cons of Online Dating
– people who are just browsing profiles and are not interested in a serious relationship
– misadventures of online dating including people distorting the real facts especially about their appearance, age, and marital status
– with a myriad of choices, there is a risk of lack of effort, time, and commitment to form a real relationship
– scammers preying on vulnerable individuals to victimize
Now that you have the pros and cons of online dating it’s time to get moving. Determine what type of relationship you are looking. Are you looking for something serious that can lead to marriage? What about a friendship based on mutual interests, which could lead to romance? Whatever type of relations you are seeking, make sure to be honest when creating your profile. Create a list of what you are looking for in a relationship: age, appearance, interests, intelligence, location, and so on. Lastly, and this is probably the most important aspect, pick a good quality photos that reflect your personality. A great photo with an honest profile will take you a long ways in the online dating world. Good luck.
Tags Online Dating